IEEE ICALT 2019 aims at bringing together researchers and practitioners working in industry and academia to provide them with a platform to report on the latest developments, achievements, deployments, technology trends, and research findings as well as initiatives related to Logistics & Transport and their applications.
Submitted papers will be peer reviewed. Papers are invited in all areas of Logistics and Transport including (but not limited to) the following areas:
Co-Chairs: Charkaoui Abdelkabir(MA); Michael Bourlakis (UK); Thomas Goldsby (USA)
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management (LSCM):Procurement and Supply, Service Operations and Performance, Supply Chain Management , Forecasting, Sustainable Supply Chain, Risk Supply Chain Management, Product Development, Supply Chain Configuration, Supply Chain Management Performance, Production and Delivery Synchronization, E-Business and E-Commerce, Sustainability and Green Systems, Production and Material Flows, Warehouse and Distribution;
Co-Chairs: Cherkaoui Soumaya ( Ca); Javier Sánchez-Medina(SP); Soulhi Aziz (Ma)
- Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS): Advanced transportation information and communication systems, Cloud computing and big data in transportation, Data warehousing and data/web mining, Future intelligent systems, Future mobility, Multimodal intelligent transport systems and services, Personalized driver and traveler support systems, Real Time Identification and tracking, Spatio-temporal traffic pattern recognition, Systems’ interoperability and integration, Connected vehicles of the future, Traffic Pattern Recognition, Location Based Services, Evaluation of Road Safety Situation, Air, Road, and Rail Traffic Management, Traffic Management, Driver and Traveler Support Systems;
Co-Chairs: Abdelaziz Dammak (TN), Chengbin Chu (FR); Rubén Ruiz (SP)
- Optimization and Logistics Challenges (OLC): Advances in Optimization Models, Algorithms & Platforms, Advances in Optimization Models, Enterprise-Wide Optimization, Integrated planning and control of logistic nodes and their processes, Inventory Management, Logistics and Distribution Networks, Process Operations, Planning and Scheduling, Supply Chain Optimization, Sustainable design and operations of logistics facilities, Theoretical and empirical analysis of logistics operations;
Co-Chairs: Anis Chelbi ( TN); Malek Massmoudi ( FR); Metin Turkay ( TR)
- Industrial Engineering (IE): Decision Making Under Uncertainty, Production and inventory management, Quality Engineering/Management and Productivity, Project Control and Management, Maintenance and Reliability, Healthcare Systems Engineering, Firm’s management systems (management strategies, human resources management, knowledge management, processes,..), Industry-Specific Case Studies (Oil and Gas, Energy, Automobile, Banking, …), Safety Engineering, Ergonomics and Environment, Design of Service, Manufacturing and Automation Systems, Applications Of Information Technology In Decision Making and Firm Management, Lean and Six Sigma, Modeling and Simulation, Energy Engineering Facilities Planning and Management, Human Factors and Ergonomics .
Co-Chairs: Abdessamad Ait El Cadi (FR); Anass Cherrafi ( Ma); El-Houssaine Aghezzaf (BG)
- Logistics 4.0 and Smart Supply Chain (LSSC): Micro- and Nano-Scale Manufacturing, Renewable Energy and Environmentally Benign Manufacturing, Industry 4.0, Smart factories, Cyber-physical systems (sensors, etc.), Big data analytics, Manufacturing systems and communication networks, Internet-of-Things and smart manufacturing, Robotic systems for smart manufacturing, digital manufacturing, Computational intelligence in production management, Intelligent manufacturing systems, resilience and continuity, Internet-of-Things and its impact on supply chain management, Sustainable and innovative business, Supply chain network risk management, Supply chain resilience and security, Supply chain competition, Big data and business analytics, Freight logistics in smart city, Logistics hubs and clusters, The Internet-of-Things in logistics;
Paper submissions: Papers must describe original work on any of the IEEE ICALT related topics.
The submission and reviews will be handled through the Easy Chair conference management system.
Manuscript length: 6 pages maximum. This is a strict limit for initial submission. During final submission of accepted papers, authors may purchase extra pages if they find it necessary to address the concerns of the reviewers.
Single blind reviewing: IEEEICALT follows a single-blind review process. Authors are required to include their names and affiliations in their papers as illustrated in the sample templates. Templates (Microsoft Word and LaTeX) can be found at the following link: https://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html
Ethical Requirements for Authors
The conference committee requires that all authors wishing to present a paper declare that:
- The paper is substantially original and that no paper substantially similar in content has been submitted or will be submitted to any other conference or journal during the ICALT 2019 review period.
- The paper does not contain any plagiarism, and
- The paper will be presented by the author or a co-author in person.